Friday, July 22, 2011

An Attitude of Solitude

I wonder what kind of person I am... Do I judge others?  Do I throw things in people's face?  Do I save what was done today, to bring up tomorrow? 

I feel like I'm a reasonable ear, yet there are few willing to listen.  The mention of anything is a complaint.  The discussion of other topics is an obsession.  I have problems, so I'm told... BUT don't we all! 

I don't think I've felt more alone in my life.  To end such a feeling, I vow to be my own best friend.  I vow to take it easy on myself.  I vow to work on the things that do not work.  I don't need to make a public service announcement.  I will act and execute, silently.

All of a sudden, today, my life has changed.  A sweet quiet life - that's what I now prefer, at least for this period in my life.  I feel like I'm going through a rough patch and while there are many I've lent a shoulder, I feel like I can barely get the stretch of a hand. 

This isn't a pity party.  Life goes on. Currently, moving along, a lot differently! 

No comments: